Monday, March 24, 2008

busy

Yesterday was obviously pretty busy for me, so I didn't get a chance to blog. And I again wasn't at my church :( Jason's achapella group sang yesterday at his old church, so I went with him to hear them sing. They did a great job :)
Anyway, when it comes to churches, it amazes me how different churches can be. Yesterday they talked in church (the one we were visiting) about how we should be really excited about Jesus' resurrection, but it really didn't seem like anyone was really pumped. I know for sure that at my church the music would have been truly rejoiceful and enthusiastic. The people at Ephrata Mennonite seem real, enthusiastic, genuine-not robots pretending to be a-ok like at some other churches. Not that the one we were at yesterday sucks or anything- I just think that there's a unique and realness about the people at my church-they're understanding and really care. When they ask you how you're doing, they want an honest answer. At the church we were visiting, however, not a single person came up to me and asked me who I was and how I was doing unless I was with Jason(other than Jason's mom)-something entirely inescapable at my church!! The funny thing is, the church I was visting with Jason was a mennonite church. How odd that one church can be so different than the other. As promised, some basic beliefs for tomorrow.

No comments: