Monday, March 17, 2008

Sunday the 16th

Today I was not at my church, Ephrata Mennonite, because Jason and I went with Mike and Vern to hear Mike and Vern speak at another church. It was pretty cool! They both did a great job. Mike reminded us all about how God wants us to be like children, embracing the love of the father. He told some pretty funny stuff all about kids. Something I struggle with is viewing God as my father. I think a lot of people, myself included, don't have the best examples of an earthly father. So, to equate God with your earthly father doesn't always make much sense. That makes God look pretty lame. Something I'm working on I guess. Vern gave his awesome testimony of how God transformed his life entirely from drug dealer to devoted daddy and man of God. Maybe I can get Vern to help me out by posting his testimony. Good Stuff...

To check out my church & its sermons, visit http://ephratamennonitechurch.com/

No comments: