Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A little something

Hello everyone! Today I wanted to share a little something with you from the reading and writing I've done during my devotional time, that is, the time I spend reading my Bible and then reflecting on what God's word has to say.

This is from 3/18/08, but I was thinking a bit about it today.
"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Matthew 20:28
"Now go out to the street corners and invite everyone you see."
Matthew 22:9
This is tough!! Some people are intimidating and it's hard to tell them. I lack courage too. I don't invite enough! But, this verse IS the Great Commission in a nutshell, and both these verses are the reasons for my existence-to serve others in the name of the Lord and to bring others to the Lord.
3 Important points from the second verse quoted:
1. Jesus said EVERYONE-not just some, not just the clean, good-looking, moral, etc.
2. It is an INVITATION-not meant to be forceful, rude, or pushy. Christians already have that stereotype anyway-need I say Jarbos??
3. It is a COMMAND- Jesus told me to do it, he didn't ask me if I wanted to or not. This shouldn't be taken lightly.

AM I DOING THIS? ARE YOU DOING THIS?

No comments: