Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thankful

At the end of the day, I, like most people I presume, reflect upon the events of the day. What did I do today? I worked 9-2, I hung out with Jason till 6:00, then Jason and I went to my Dad's place for dinner, where we spent the rest of our evening. (Picture to left is me and my dad).
Sounds ordinary, right? But did I really count my blessings today? The hundreds of little things that I take for granted? I think that as Christians, we tend to take the blessings for granted. I need to be more thankful everyday.
Today:

I'm thankful that I even have a job.
I'm thankful that I got to spend time with my boyfriend and with my family.
I'm thankful that even though my car's front left tire is getting flat, we made it to my Dad's house ok.
I'm thankful that I had warm running water for my shower this morning.
I'm thankful that Jason forgave me when I put him down today
I'm thankful for the air in my lungs.
I'm thankful for the food I ate today.
I'm thankful that Sunday is coming...that Easter Sunday is coming.

On the third day, he will have the temple up and running. (And in better shape than ever before).
Is my heart prepared for the joy of tomorrow? Am I thankful for the hope that tomorrow has to bring, not just for a day, but for my eternity? Are YOU ready for tomorrow?
-time for bed...zzzzzzz

No comments: