Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another stupid attempt

By the way, yesterday's professor reference was not to Bob. (Just for your personal comfort and relief).

Once again I find myself irritated by those people who claim to be "spreading the Good News" by doing so in a protest-like manner. For example, singing songs about being anti-gays and strongly pro-life does nothing but make people angry, if not angier toward those people who claim to be Christians. I did not see this brief occurence on campus today, but I heard about it. How stupid. Yes, I'm against homosexuality, and yes, I'm, pro-life, but Jesus wants me to demonstrate LOVE to others-and that includes gays and people who support abortion. He ate with tax collectors and prostitutes. Jesus was truly a radical. Isn't that awesome!? I think he'd be very disappointed with how people are handling social issues of the day. I try to extend love to the people, but hate the sins. Their sins aren't any worse than mine in God's eyes anyway. However, if they don't accept Christ, their sins will not be pardoned on Judgement day.

3 comments:

paige said...

I feel exactly the same as you do. If we, as Christians, claim to follow someone as awesome as Jesus, we need to show it! Hate the sin, love the sinner. That's what my mom always says! =)

Noelle said...

I know how you feel about the professors and the protesters. =)

samm said...

Who is Bob anyway?